Search All Sites
Nagios Live WebinarsLet our experts show you how Nagios can help your organization.
Don't miss your chance to attend the 2014 Nagios World Conference, Oct 13-16th. Informative Sessions, Networking, Food and Cocktails! Visit go.nagios.com/conference/ for more information or to register.
- Nagios 2.x
- Nagios 3.x
- Nagios XI
Similar to check_http but with ntlm support. Will also handle form logons for sites published via ISA/TMG servers.
- returns site page load times (with perfmon output).
- warning and/or critical thresholds can be set for site load times.
- semi-informative failure messages (auth failure, insufficient site permissions, 401's, etc)
- ability to check for a specific string on a page
- Perl module WWW::Curl::Easy is required.
- libcurl must have ntlm enabled for integrated authentication site checks to work. ('curl-config --features' will show you if you have it)
- This will probably work on Nagios XI but it hasn't been tested yet
Tested with Sharepoint 2007 & 2010
- added verbose output
- some bug fixes
Copyright (c) 2012 PCS-IT Services B.V. (www.pcs-it.nl)
Usage: check_sharepoint.pl -H
-w [warn time] -c [crit time] -t [timeout]
-s [search string] -l [path] -v -form -http
Nagios script for checking of SharePoint web services
-H Address or hostname of SharePoint site (required)
-u Username (required)
-p Password (required)
-w Warning threshold in seconds
-c Critical threshold in seconds
-t Connection timeout in seconds (default is 60 seconds)
-s Search for custom string on page
-l Specific location or path instead of site root
-v Verbose. HTTP headers in output. 2x (-v -v) includes HTML. 3x both
-form Use forms based authentication (default is ntlm)
-http Connect via standard http (default is https)
Check site behind a TMG server using forms based authentication with warning and critital times
check_sharepoint.pl -H portal.hostname.com -u username -p password -form -w 5 -c 10
Check site with integtrated authentication at a specific location within the site
check_sharepoint.pl -H portal.hostname.com -u username -p password -l '/Sites/Wiki%20Pages/default.aspx'
Check site with integtrated authentication that contins the string 'random string'
check_sharepoint.pl -H portal.hostname.com -u username -p password -s 'random string'
- If you use special characters in your usernames and/or passwords, authentication will
have a better chance of working if you enclose them in quotes.
- If a URL path is included using the -l option it is must be encoded (e.g. - /Wiki%20Pages/default.aspx)
- Connections are always assumed to be https unless the -http option is used
- Forms authentication is always assumed to be via a ISA/TMG server.
- libcurl must have NTML listed in its features in order for integrated (NTML) authentication
to work. Runing 'curl-config --features' will show if this is present.
Definitely correct credentials and infact a very basic NTLM script here check_http_ntlm.pl works perfectly but lacks any performance data.
Would appreciate any help...!
I've actually been wondering if there is a way to 'convert' this script to a windows friendly exe, in order to run it from a few client side systems through nsclient++. I've tried a few things myself but it kept coming back to not being able to get CURL installed on windows...