Don't miss your chance to attend the 2014 Nagios World Conference, Oct 13-16th. Informative Sessions, Networking, Food and Cocktails! Visit go.nagios.com/conference/ for more information or to register.
Distribute Hostchecks, Servicechecks and Eventhandler with Gearman. Replace distributed Nagios installations with Gearman worker for easy high availability. Host/Servicegroup affinity included.
Last Release Date
Mod_Gearman is an easy way of distributing active Nagios checks across your network and to increase nagios scalability. Mod-Gearman can even help to reduce the load on a single nagios host, because its much smaller and more efficient in executing checks.
* Reduce load of your central nagios machine
* Make nagios scalable up to thousands of checks per second
* Easy distributed setups without configuration overhead
* Real loadbalancing across all workers
* Real failover for redundant workers
* Embedded Perl support for very fast execution of perl scripts
* Fast transport of passive check results with included tools like send_gearman and send_multi
2 of 4 people found this review helpful
Gearman allowed me to quickly and transparently scale out Nagios to 50k services, with very low latency, in a multi site configuration with load-balancing and I was able to keep the master as a VM. Keep up the good work! This is a great utility.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
I switched from DNX to mod_gearman and it works much better and has more features.
I use it on production with 12k active service checks (and auto_reschedule_checks=1).
I would definitely recommend it.